Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Lunch


Last year we technically celebrated father's day while we were in San Francisco, but I was still in my first trimester of pregnancy; this year it was for real! I had a great time sharing this special day with my husband.  He got to choose where we went to lunch, so he picked Taco Bus in St. Pete, and Carter and I were more than happy to oblige. 

Carter and I enjoying a fun lunch at Taco Bus

Carnitas tacos

Happy father's day Ryan! (note the outfit change on Carter; someone might have had a diaper blow-out at the Taco Bus)
We first went to this restaurant in March with our best friends Justin & Rachel after seeing it featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  It is worth the hype in my opinion.  We've been about a half dozen times now, and each time it's been ridiculously good (and cheap).  We planned on going early around 11, so we could beat the Rays traffic around there, but Carter decided to nap until 11:45, so we were slightly delayed.  It is a great place and worth the drive up from Manatee or Sarasota counties.  We both had the carnitas tacos and I had a horchata to drink.  Yum yum!  

Back home, I'm in the process of making father's day dinner, but more on that later...


Taco Bus Website 

No comments:

Post a Comment