Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Our dinner table

Lemon, thyme, & garlic roasted turkey

My Thanksgiving boys!
As of 9:30 this morning, the turkey has been prepped, the aromatics are ready to go, the apple crumb pie is baked and cooling, the house is cleaned, and the baby is napping.  Carter waking us up at 6 am might not have been such a bad thing after all! I'm not going to blog all the recipes today, but I will later.  I'm just going to post a few pictures and then enjoy the day with my family.

On a cheesy note, I have so much to be thankful for this year.  I have an amazing husband, a darling son, loving and supportive parents, great friends, a wonderful dog, and much more.  The thing I am most thankful for this year is time.  I've been given the best gift of all, I get to stay home with my baby boy this year.  I never thought I'd be (or even want to be) a stay at home mom, but it is has been the most wonderful and rewarding experience in my life!






My little turkey helping me in the kitchen


Apple crisp pie


Turkey with thyme, lemon butter rub


Making the rub for the turkey: 1 stick of softened butter, zest of 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment